The Apprenticeship Program at our Mentor SaLON is designed to prepare for a career in hairdressing through a training program that encompasses all phases of salon work.
The Assistant will be introduced to salon work through experience in training classes and on-the-job training with the mentor stylists. The program is meant to train through customer experience the importance of team effort and to develop people skills so important to a career in cosmetology.
- Maintain a valid Ohio Cosmetology license through continuing education
- Perform the Aveda value-added service including hand/arm massage, mini-facial, scalp massage, and make-up touch up
- Put the customer care first in all phases of their needs
- Wear and promote Aveda products and support environmentalism
- Perform licensed cosmetology services as requested
- Ensure a safe and sanitary work area adhering to all state board requirements and salon standards
- Attend advanced training classes in selected areas (i.e.. haircutting, perming, color techniques, styling, skin care, and retailing)
- Participate in fashion shows, promotional activities, community service, photo-shoots and business building efforts
- Demonstrate a team approach with all co-workers
- Complete all tasks as directed by mentor
- Valid license from The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology
- Cheerful, self-motivated, enjoys interaction with people, willing to go the extra mile, works well with peers, goal oriented