The protégé position consists of education that includes hands on experience, and business building training at Ladies and Gentlemen Salon and Spa.
The Educators in the program are chosen from the Signature Level Stylists as well as the Salon Artistic Director. Education is given through the L&G Academy which prepares the protégé for the skills needed to create their own future clientele.
The assisting portion of the protégé experience is to assist the stylists with their guests in all services. The Business building component is the opportunity to book models and guests to begin the process of acquiring a client base.
Basic Job Functions:
- Assisting the stylists while training to become a professional hair dresser
- Maintain sanitary practices as mandated by the Ohio state board of cosmetology
- Adherence to the Ladies & Gentlemen specific dress code.
- Must commit to business building practices (i.e. attending events, participating in the community service projects)
- Willingness to recruit new models and guests, to build new business and improve technical skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a valid current Ohio Cosmetology license
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent
- Excellent attendance is a requirement for this position and will include attending all mandatory training.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends.
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior customer service experience desired in a retail sales enviroment.
- Prior Aveda Training is a plus (Salon, Spa, School, or Aveda Experience Center.)
- Fashion Merchandising or Marketing experience
- Demonstrated community service experience